The museum is a not-for-profit organization and depends almost solely on volunteers. How can you help? The most crucial need is for docents (museum attendants.) Experience with miniatures isn’t required.
DOCENTS. What is expected of a volunteer docent? Just one 5-hour shift per month! Our docents do the following and we provide all the training needed:
- Greet guests and handle admission payments
- Give out audio tour guides and treasure hunts
- Help shoppers
- Check in on guests periodically and ensure each room is tidy.
And some docents enjoy working paired with a friend or family member.
Our docents receive benefits, too:
- A 10% discount in the shop
- Free family membership
- Discounts on workshops
- Meeting a lot of nice people!
JUNIOR DOCENTS. The minimum age for a junior docent is 15. Junior docents also volunteer once per month and are typically needed on Saturdays. They assist the adult docents as needed.
CLERICAL HELP. On occasion volunteers are needed to assist with mailings, data entry or other projects. Some projects may be done at home. Specialized help, such as desktop publishing or museum software knowledge, is also welcome.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS HELP. The museum often needs help with minor repairs, moving displays, and cleanup.
OTHER BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING.
- Meet new people!
- Make a positive impact to Carmel’s cultural and arts community!
- Help us provide excellent visitor experiences!
- Be valued for your contribution!
- Immerse yourself in the fine art of miniatures!